EMF Inspections provides EMF testing and consulting for homes and offices. Some of our more common EMF consulting services include:
In-Home EMF Assessment & Consultation
Pre-Purchase EMF Home Inspection
EMF Testing for Office and Commercial Spaces
Low-EMF Home Design
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of certifications and training do your EMF inspectors have?
Certifications obtained through the International Institute for Building Biology and Ecology:
- Certified Building Biologist (BBEC)
- Electromagnetic Radiation Specialist (EMRS)
- Geovital – Radiation Assessment and Mitigation Training
What type of EMF detection equipment do you use?
We use primarily Gigahertz Solution EMF meters from Germany as well as an assortment of other meters suited to certain tasks. Below is a partial list of equipment:
Radio Frequency (wireless) measurements:
- Gigahertz Solutions HF59B Radio Frequency Analyzer and antennas
- Gigahertz Solutions HFW59D Radio Frequency Analyzer and antennas
AC Electric and Magnetic Field measurements:
- Gigahertz Solutions NFA1000 3D EMF meter
Is it possible to purchase and use my own EMF meters?
This is a great question. It is certainly possible to purchase EMF meters and learn how to use them in order to detect EMF levels in your home or office. Assuming your EMF meters are fairly accurate, this tells you whether or not there is need for concern. Knowing what to do next is not always obvious.
While our EMF inspection services include the professional ‘detection’ and measurement of EMFs, we feel that the value we bring extends into the proper identification of various EMF sources (knowing exactly ‘what’ is creating the fields that we are measuring) as well as extensive experience and knowledge of effective EMF remediation strategies.
What type of EMF solutions do you recommend?
Depending on the ‘type’ of EMF, there are various approaches for reducing exposure.
Typically these can be categorized as:
- Eliminate/replace the source of the EMF
- Reduce usage of the EMF source
- Create distance from the EMF source
- Shield the EMF using shielding products such as paints, fabrics, foils
Our approach to reducing exposure to EMFs is a simple one.
- Measure – identify EMF levels and the various sources
- Mitigate – provide EMF reduction strategies and solutions
- Re-measure – show a quantified reduction in exposure